ATR440 Automatic Cross Shift Time Recorder
2018 DST Quick Guide
The starting and ending dates for Daylight Saving Time must be set each year. After the start of 2018, you can set the Daylight Saving Time change dates for 2018 so the clock will automatically adjust on the correct dates. Both the starting and ending dates must be set for Daylight Saving Time to be operational.
The programming mode is entered by unlocking and removing the top cover from the ATR 440 with the power on. The IN/OUT buttons on the clock serve as function keys in the programming mode. The functions of each button are listed below and on the inside cover of the recorder.
Setting the 2018 DST Start and End Dates
- Open the top cover. The digital display reads P1.
- Press the F4 button.The digital display shows a 1 as the left-most character, representing the first or starting date of Daylight Saving Time. The hour, next to the 1 on the left-hand side of the display, flashes.
- Press the + or – button, if needed, to adjust when the time change takes place. To accept the hour, press the E button. (The U.S. standard is 2:00 am. If you need the change to take place at a different time, you may choose any hour between midnight and 9:00 am as the time for the clock to advance forward or to revert backwards.) The month flashes next.
- Press the + or – button to change the starting month to 3 (March). Press the E button to accept the month. The day of the month will flash next.
- Press the + or – button to change the day to 11. Press the E button to accept the date.
- You will now start setting the Daylight Saving Time end date. The digital display now shows a 1 as the left-most character. This represents the second setting or ending date. The hour on the left-hand side of the display flashes.
- Press the + or – button, if needed, to change to the hour which you want the time change to take place. To accept the hour, press the E button. The month flashes next.
- Press the + or – button to change the ending month to 11 (November). Press the E button to accept the month. The day of the month will flash next.
- Press the + or – button to change the day to 4. Press the E button to accept the date. The display will turn off.
- Close the cover to return the clock to normal operations.
For more information, refer to your User Manual. [ download PDF version ]
Need a new set of keys for your ATR440 clock? Replacement ribbon? Time cards? Click here to visit the Acroprint Store for all your time clock supplies and accessories!
Click here to check out AcroTime, our powerful web-based workforce management solution
offering anytime/anywhere access to time and attendance, scheduling, HR tools and payroll.